Here we are once again, at the beginning of the year.
This is a natural time for people to set some goals, make some changes, and hope to better themselves in some way, shape, or form. Why not? But what changes? More exercise equipment is sold in January than any other month in the year. I suppose the same is true of gym memberships.
However, what about making some resolutions, and setting some goals that are spiritually focused?
Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what isthat good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
Carnally minded people focus on carnal things, spiritually minded people focus on spiritual things. That’s stating the obvious. So what are you focused on?
Let me offer 10 ideas for some “Spiritual Resolutions” that you could make:
- Get a plan for daily devotions, and stay faithful.
- Start a personal Bible study for your own spiritual growth.
- Commit to attending 3 church services weekly, unless providentially hindered.
- Volunteer for a ministry at church – and be faithful for the entire year.
- Give out 1000 Gospel tracts personally this year.
- Make a prayer list, and a plan to use it daily.
- Invite the blessings of God by tithing all year.
- Read through the entire Bible this year, at least once.
- Find someone who needs a ride to church, and commit to bringing them all year.
- Adopt a loner at church, and make them your personal ministry for the year.
Dear Lord, help us to be spiritually minded people in a world that wants us to focus on self. Lead us this year as we endeavor to please you, as your children, that we would be faithful, loyal, and submitted to you. Help us not to coast along in neutral, but to put our lives into gear spiritually. In Jesus name we pray – amen.